Harry Frederick Watson married Katherine “Katie” Robertson from Swan Reach, SA on the 12th July 1892. He managed the property “Tintaldra”, on the Murray River, following the death of his father Sidney Grandison Watson and when it was sold to the Donald Mackinnon of Melbourne in 1910 he then bought “Tooma Station” in NSW from Germaine McMicking and reconstructed the old homestead.
“Tooma” was about 6,000 acres on the other side of the Murray from Tintaldra. “… and now has his home there runs a motor car and is no end of a swell…”
Tooma Station was also previously owned by Alexa Watson’s future husband Andrew Kinleside – they married in 1877- in partnership with a Mr Macartney, and his cousin George Greene. George was also married to Andrew’s cousin, Nellie Crawford and was later to live at “Iandra”, famous for it’s castle and share farming agreements, and near Andrew Kinleside’s “Uppingham” at Cowra, purchased in 1882
Around 1919 Harry Watson sold “Tooma Station” to Stan O’keefe but continued to visit and stayed there for months at a time over several years.
They later lived at “Whitley” in Moss Vale. They had three children, one dying at birth (1893), Winifred Isabel Mary (b. 1895 d. 1969) and Carmen Emily (b. 1897 d. 1932)., both born at Tintaldra. (His great nephew, Olaf Walsoe recalled that Harry was a wizard at veterinary surgery)