Louie Suttor, Mother of Greg and Robert “Bret” Blackmore, went to primary school in Ilford NSW. Her parents Dud and Betty Suttor had an Orchard in the area at “Myola” Tabrabucca, and Louie rode a horse to school.
Dud Suttor’s parents Walter Sydney and Louisa lived at nearby “Warrangunyah” that had been built by his father, William Henry Suttor, from “Brucedale” near Bathurst, in 1909.
Louie’s husband, Lew Blackmore, came from nearby “Mt View”, Clandulla, the home of Jack and Edith Blackmore, and after they married they at first settled at “Rosedale” near Kandos and the Charbon Cement Works.
Greg started school at Clandulla, whilst they lived at “Rosedale” and used to ride by bike to school.
Later they moved to “Chester” Clandulla, a property adjoining “Mt View”.
As a youngster, Greg was head butted by a Ram and knocked over at the Ilford Anglican Church. The sheep knocked him down and then stood over him.
On another occasion, Greg was bitten on the face by a dog at the local Hall and now has a mole at the bite site.
Cherry Tree Hill is on the road south from Ilford to Lithgow and Sydney. Lew used to comment on any of his new vehicles as they ascended the hill, saying “she pulls well”. Hopefully, each new car was better than the last one!