The article, linked in the Kandos History blog below, was written by Colleen O’Sullivan for the Mudgee Guardian on 8 June 2015.
Jack and Edith Blackmore, and their son Lewis, moved from “Landsdowne”, Wattamondara, in the Cowra district to Clandulla in 1929, having purchased the property “Mt View”. “Mt View” was named after it’s view of the Haystack Mountain adjacent to Clandulla. Edith’s sister, Lucy Crossley and her husband, Oliver, had previously, in 1928, purchased a property “Fernside” at Rylstone, and this may have influenced their decision to move to the district. Jack also wanted to get away from the cropping at “Landsdowne” and just raise fine wool Merino sheep. Their son Lew and his wife, Louie (nee Suttor from “Myola”, Ilford), began their married life, in 1945, at “Rosedale”, Kandos, adjacent to the Charbon Cement Works, and later purchased “Chester”, adjoining “Mt View”, and on the other side of the railway line, at Clandulla, in 1952.